In this episode we interviewed dr. Elisabeth Bik about detecting fraud in scientific publications. She is an expert in detecting image tampering and has already found problems resulting in the retraction of over 900 articles.
We talk with her about:
- The percentage of publications that have fraudulent images
- What steps to take if you find a fraudulent paper
- Why do serial offenders keep committing fraud
- How serious journals and institutions take this problem
- The drawbacks of exposing fraud
- How you can be more informed when reading papers
Follow Elisabeth on Twitter @MicrobiomDigest
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or papers we really need to read, you can reach out to us via our website: https://thestrugglingscientists.com/
Would you like to know more about becoming a guest on our podcast or sponsoring us? Then please check out the information on our website!